Author and organization identification: Google Scholar Citation
On March 25, 2021, from 11:00 to 11:40, NTU «KhPI» Library took place seminar «Google Scholar Citation for Scientist and Institution», which was carried out as part of ALL DIGITAL Week 2021.
Speaker: Hlavcheva Yuliia, Deputy Director of NTB NTU «KhPI».
The author's profile in any system (database) identifies the author and affects his reputation. Local and global rankings are formed on the basis of analytical processing of author profiles. One of the authoritative rankings based on Google Scholar Citation profile data is TRANSPARENT RANKING: Top Universities by Citations in Top Google Scholar profiles. Its results have a 10% weight in the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities.
- Institutional profiles are analyzed, if they are absent, then the official e-mail addresses of the organization are taken into account while scanning the data. We recommend using the normalized (official) name of a higher education institution together with the institutional e-mail address.
- If profiles of authors who do not belong to the institution are intentionally added to the profile to increase its rank, the institution will be EXCLUDED from the ranking.
- Including of non-personal profiles (journals, departments, groups) to the top 210 of results is punished with the EXCEPTION of the entire institution.
- Authors' profiles written only in Latin letters are considered.
- No need to add academic positions or names of departments after the author’s name.
Please note that the author is responsible for the accuracy of his own profile data (adds only his own documents, has one profile).